Friday, June 12, 2009

5K Friday : Week 4


It's the end of the week, I'm back on The Wagon, which can only mean one thing. It's time for another......

*If you missed the beginning of 5KF you can play a quick game of catch-up here.*


We're jumping right back in to things with Week 4 of the Couch-to-5K Training Program. It goes a little something like this:



Monday started workout #1, and let me tell you something...it pretty near killed me. I made it through the first cycle of intervals with just an average amount of huffing & puffing, but come the second half, I wasn't sure I was going to live through it. I must confess, I did end up walking 2 minutes into the last jogging interval, so I wasn't feeling terribly triumphant once I finished.

All that to say, Wednesday I was feeling just a skosh nervous about meeting Rachel after Bible Study to have our Mid-Week Running Date. We settled in to a decent pace and realized halfway through the first 5 minute jog that we were still talking to each other! We were running...yet our lungs still had just enough air left for us to giggle about boys have an intelligent conversation.

Will wonders never cease!?


We finished Wednesday night's workout feeling rather triumphant. We were both truly amazed at how quickly your body adjusts to working out again. In a week's time we've gone from near death during a 3 minute jog, to chit chatting away while jogging 5 minutes. Maybe this can be done, after all!

We'll see if we still feel as triumphant come the end of next week, when our Ct5K Trainer tells us to do this....


Pray for me, Poodles. I'm going to need it!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Miss Poodle Queen!!

DeMo said...

Good job! I pushed myself on Wednesday in preparation for Becky making me chatter with her tonight.

Robbie S. Redmon, LPC said...

Hey Lindsey! Thanks for stopping by and leaving that wonderful comment. Wow, your workout is intense!

Dollface said...

wow this is a great workout schedule! Jared is training for the half marathon in August and really goes nuts... bravo to you runners!! xxxooo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for check out my blog...I love yours. I like your workout! I will add you to my blogroll.
BR Designs

Amber Filkins said...

You go Poodle girl! I should start jogging, but I'm HORRIBLE at running. I don't breathe properly as it is, so jogging has always posed a major problem for me. And my knees are awful.

Anyways! :) YES, totally pass any ideas from my wedding posts on to your friend! I loved planning my wedding. There are SO many good ideas out there. Tell her to check out 'The Knot.com' but also tell her to steer clear of the message boards----girls are SNARKY!! I mean, awful. But there are some great ideas to be found in there. :)

LWLH said...

That made me tired just reading it..go luck tho! :)

Sierra said...

Good job! I love your perseverance...I really need it myself. I have yet to master running for twenty minutes without stopping, but I know you can do it!! Have a fabulous weekend!

Alex the Girl said...

This is great! Just reading this blog makes me feel I've gotten enough excercise for the week, now! I wonder if the doctor would agree. Thanks for stopping by this week. I enjoyed your company.

Connie said...

I'm hoping to start the C25K on Thursday...we'll see!