Friday, June 26, 2009

5K Friday : Week 6


Welcome to another quad burning edition 5K Friday!



*phew* It's finally Friday, Poodles! Has this week drug on (and on, and on) for anyone else?!

This week found me smack dab in the middle of a good, old-fashioned, Kansas heatwave. I don't mind warmer weather, but it really does put a cramp on my running style! I've had to get creative in my workout times, but the flexibility has paid off!
  • Monday I dusted off my membership to Anytime Fitness and took Run #1 indoors.
  • Tuesday Rachel and I opted for an evening run at one of our favorite parks.
  • Wednesday we upheld the tradition of our long run around some gorgeous neighborhoods after Life Group.
It went a little something like this:


Once again, I was completely blown away by what a little hard work (and a lot of praying) can accomplish when it comes to my body! Our 25 minute run on Wednesday went off without a hitch...so well that we were chattering away until we hit the 1 3/4 mile mark. I'm not just being cute when I say that up until my Couch-to-5K Training, I couldn't even being to think about running a mile. Nowhere near it, in fact. What a journey we're on!

Next week starts Week #7...25 minute runs 3 times during the week! And you know something? I say....

Bring it on!


Some of you might remember last week's post where I tossed around the idea of opening up 5K Friday to y'all. I had a little bit of response and I thought "what the heck!" So....I give you something new...5K Friday is now a joint effort!

Stay tuned for a post later today with more information and the very beginning of something that I think will be great!

Can't wait!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

An award for you!

http://nmgills.blogspot.com/2009/06/special-awards.html