--If you are viewing this post in a reader (ie: Google Reader, etc.) you are missing a few things. Please be sure and click through to GM to read the entire post. See you there!--
You've come to the right place!
Joining in the fun is easy:
- Create a post about your training, your struggles, your questions, or your victories.
- Add a sidebar button or a button in your post to send others back here for directions.
- Copy and paste the link to your 5K Friday post in the amazing Mr. Linky.
- Visit the other 5K Friday-ers and share your expertise, insights, and encouragement to help them along!
--------------------------------------------
I have to tell y'all that when I started this journey 6-weeks ago I wasn't even convinced that I could do the program, let alone enjoy it. The motivation that I've gotten from all of your great comments has been fantastic, and I'm hoping that opening 5K Fridays up to all of you will help make friends and spread that motivation that much farther! So, thank you for the encouragement, and I look forward to reading all about the journey you're on!
Without further ado, here's what my week looked like:

Pretty straightforward, right? Workout #1 & #2 have both ended up being at the gym, on the treadmill. I'm not a huge fan of running without actually getting anywhere, but when you live in Kansas and it's (almost) July, you make some concessions. For Workout #3 I'll finally get to hit the streets with Rachel to see if we can cover a little more ground this week than we did last week. It's all about improvement, right?
I'm within 2 weeks of finishing Couch-to-5K Training and it just blows me away. 7 weeks ago I couldn't hardly finish a 3-minute jog...the thought of running even a mile seemed laughable. The progress I've seen through this training has been nothing short of miraculous! God is good and He even answers the prayers I shoot up (breathlessly) as I'm starting mile #2 and think I might die.
So, what about you? How is training going for you? Are you running? Are you walking? Are you a fan of the elliptical trainer? I'd love to hear all about it, so write that post, add it to Mr. Linky, and start making friends!

Without further ado, here's what my week looked like:

Pretty straightforward, right? Workout #1 & #2 have both ended up being at the gym, on the treadmill. I'm not a huge fan of running without actually getting anywhere, but when you live in Kansas and it's (almost) July, you make some concessions. For Workout #3 I'll finally get to hit the streets with Rachel to see if we can cover a little more ground this week than we did last week. It's all about improvement, right?
I'm within 2 weeks of finishing Couch-to-5K Training and it just blows me away. 7 weeks ago I couldn't hardly finish a 3-minute jog...the thought of running even a mile seemed laughable. The progress I've seen through this training has been nothing short of miraculous! God is good and He even answers the prayers I shoot up (breathlessly) as I'm starting mile #2 and think I might die.
So, what about you? How is training going for you? Are you running? Are you walking? Are you a fan of the elliptical trainer? I'd love to hear all about it, so write that post, add it to Mr. Linky, and start making friends!
--------------------------------------
Oh, and be sure to grab a button to include in your sidebar or your post so others know where to find all the fun! :)






2 comments:
Looking at your cute button for this I am just cracking up, because I run on a treadmill by choice. One of my many reasons for not wanting to run on the road is because I don't want to carry my water bottle! How funny is that?
Good luck and good job.
Hi Lins! I did week 1 and am now on week 2. So far so good. I'm starting to look forward to the jogs and I have lost 5 pounds! I've been watching my diet and doing these workouts and I feel better already!
Post a Comment